The National Healthy Marriage Resource Center
has listed the top ten
reasons why marriage benefits children. Every item in this top ten is backed and supported by various research studies.
Children who grown up with both of their biological parents in the home are:
- More likely to attend college.
- More likely to succeed academically.
- More likely to experience good health and safety.
- More likely to be emotionally healthier.
- Less likely to attempt or commit suicide.
- Less likely to demonstrate behavioral problems in school.
- Less likely to be a victim of physical or sexual abuse.
- Less likely to abuse drugs or alcohol.
- Less likely to commit delinquent behaviors.
- Less likely to become pregnant as a teenager, or impregnate someone.
Tags: Marriage Children