My oldest is in 6th grade and I have a 4th grader, 2nd grader and Pre-k.
I cannot say enough how much I love homeschooling.
There are so many reasons to homeschool I don't know if I can type them all. But my biggies are:
1. A Godly place for my children to learn. God is the center of our lives and that includes our schoolwork.
2. We are free from other influences that I don't like. I'm not going to expand on that because I don't want to give examples and offend anyone.
But I don't have to "undo" things learned at school that conflict with our values.
3. I LOVE that we can move as slow or as fast as we need to.
4. No boring busy work. When we learn it, we move on. Nothing is worse than busy work that is meaningless. Busy work just kills a child's love of learning.
5. My kids get 1 on 1 time with their teacher.
6. The kids have a JOY of learning.
7. Minimal use of textbooks...we try to use books and life as much as we can.
8. I have the deepest joy in seeing my kids learning. My three oldest can read because I taught them!!! How totally excellent is that!
9. We have fun. Learning is fun! We learn, I learn and we learn together.
10. We can go on all cool field trips while the school kids are in school.
I love to discuss homeschooling and would be happy to help anyone who is starting out.