Getting Started on LDS.net
Welcome to LDS.net and the More Good Foundation. We look forward to your participation on the site. We hope you will enjoy yourself, be uplifted by the gospel and the spirit, and experience a community of friends.
There are a lot of features on LDS.net, and there is so much that you can do here. What is the best way to get started? Here are our suggestions.
- If you came to this website to get questions answered about God and faith, Mormonism, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints or similar things, there will be much here that may answer your questions or get you started thinking. Start by exploring the content in the following links in the footer: About Mormonism, JesusChrist.LDS.org, JosephSmith.net, Mormon Church. You can also find other helpful links by visiting the Truth is Restored Group (go to Groups; then Religion), Resources (top of every page), LDS News articles, and many of the videos in our Videos sections.
- Visit the "About Us" link at the bottom of the Home page to discover exactly why LDS.net is online.
- Visit the "Site Rules." You can find this page on the link bar below the big, multicolor buttons. Please be familiar with the Site Rules and follow them. As you participate on LDS.net, we encourage you to report to the administrator or a moderator any violation of the Site Rules that you happen to notice.
- Visit the "Internet Safety" link, which is also on the link bar below the big, multicolor buttons. This will let you know how to contact the administration and the moderators.
- Create your profile. Use the Settings pages to accomplish this. Click on "My Account" in the link bar below the big, multicolor buttons. Click on "Account Settings," which can be found on the left under Settings. On the Settings page, you will have a link to "Profile Settings" where you can include information about yourself. You will also have a link to "Design My Profile," where you can make your profile page unique to you.
- As you begin to set up your profile and learn the features on the site, you will probably have questions. Please visit the 'How Do I' Questions forum. You can enter the Forums by clicking on the big, red Forum link at the top of every page. Then you will see a list of possible forums including the 'How Do I' Questions forum. You can then "Search" the forum to see if anyone has already asked the same question and if they haven't you can then enter the 'How Do I' forum and create a "New Thread." You can learn how to navigate the forums by click on the "FAQ" link on the Forum tool bar.
- Become familiar with your "My Account" page and all of its features. This is the page you are taken to when you login, and also linked at the top of every page in the link bar. This page will link you to each section of the site where you can contribute and it's also where you can go to manage all of your previous contributions.
- After you've had a chance to at least start setting up your profile, it is time to say 'hi' to us! Visit the Introduce Yourself forum. Start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are here at LDS.net and how you found us. Don't forget to check your introduction thread again later â€“ you'll find that a lot of site members have said hello to you. You can get to know them by visiting their profile pages by clicking on their name.
- Visit the Personal Beliefs section of the website (big, blue link at the top of every page), and enjoy reading the true experiences you find there. We encourage you to share your personal beliefs here, remembering to adhere to the rules of the site. You'll see that if you post in this section, your testimony will automatically show on your profile page.
- Visit Groups (big, red link at the top of every page). Here you will see that members have gathered together based on shared interests. Spend time browsing all the possible groups and join any that apply to you or that you desire. Return and participate often in the Groups of your choice. You will also meet site members in these Groups, and you may wish to take the time to visit their profile pages. You will also find places to share interests in the forums section, where we have forums such as Book Club, Parenting, Sports, etc.
- Once you've had a chance to at least skim through this material, then you are ready to read member's Blogs (big, yellow button at the top of every page) as they express their faith. And you will be ready and have the background for reading and participating in the Forums on LDS.net.
- If you like, you can start adding a group of Friends to your profile page. Members may request to be your Friend. You will see that you have Friend requests in the notification bar when you're logged in. By clicking on the "Friend Request" you can choose to Approve or Deny the request. If you would like to make a request to someone to be their Friend, you must visit their profile page. On the profile page, under their avatar, is a Contact Panel. You click on Add to Friends. However, they will have the chance to Approve or Deny your request. Please remember that LDS.net is not a singles or dating site.
- Stop by the Chat Room and enjoy the conversation.
- Keep up on the happenings on LDS.net by visiting the Admin Blog in the link bar at the top of every page page.
- It's time to blog! Once you visit the Blog link, click on "Write New Blog." Tell us something you've learned. Tell us about your life. Tell us some insights. Tell us about a vacation. Your blog title will show up on the Home page after you've submitted your blog. Others will be able to read your blog and they will comment. You will be notified of comments on your notification bar when you are logged in.